Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Arcee- Count My Wheels: The E! true Hollywood Story




      It's a little known fact that Arcee was one of the first autobots active on earth, even before the reactivation of the Ark in 1984. She partnered with a Human girl named Penelope, who never knew of her true nature


Arcee: "That was a fun time- just tooling around the world with P. She was trouble-Prone, however, and I couldn't break cover all the time to help her. I also think she Dug that 'Hooded Claw' Fellow more than she let on...he was a weirdo, he definitely had a few loose cogs rolling around his Spark chamber."

     Arcee, is there any truth to the rumor that you were once called "the Mach 5"?

Arcee: "It's a good question, and it wasn't me, but I'm pretty sure it was an autobot. I'm not 100% sure what Drift was doing around that time. I can tell you that when anyone shows him either bad dubbing, or a kid with a monkey he gets depressed for about 6 hours. And very not-talkative, just sits and folds origami cranes, over and over. Oh, and Cosmos was ferrying around some family named...Jettison or something "

Hook, is that you? or is it Scavenger?

      So where did you go from there, Arcee?

Arcee: "There wasn't a lot of work for a futuristic looking car for a while. The seventies and early eighties were dominated by 'Muscle cars' on the big screen. I mainly tried to stay inconspicuous for a while, not easy to do if you are sleek, and pink and white. I almost got to drive around a private detective but they went with the red Ferrari instead. He had a mustache and I think his name was ...Magnet."

     When did you next get work?

Arcee: "Transformers the movie. They introduced me, Hot Rod, Springer, Blurr, and Ultra Magnus. Oh, and they all got toys. Even the damn Sharkticon got a toy. There was a prototype, but when it came down it was: 'I'm sorry Arcee', they said 'Boys won't buy a girl toy'."

     So you were frustrated.

Arcee: "If by 'frustrated' you mean 'livid' or 'furious', yep. I had to act nice for the camera, but it was no picnic. Season 3, and what there was of season 4...what a nightmare"


     You were one of the first "headmasters"

Arcee: "Oh yeah. you try running around with Daniel Witwicky in your head. Literally in my head. That kid had some...lets say 'mature' thoughts. Less PG-13, more NC-17. It was a relief when the headmasters thing took a dive in the US. Even though that meant I was out of work for a while."

     A long while. Until Transformers Animated

Arcee: "You are missing some information. I got another gig in there...well, it was modeling work. I did a cover for an album by a group named Asia in '85, and that got me some stuff with a guy named Sorayama. And Penny left me with a little nest-egg that kept me in energon and maintenance during the lean times.


Arcee goes for the big hair look
robot paintings by hajime sorayama
and then small hair

     Hmm. Nice. And then Transformers Animated?

Arcee: "For all the lines I got in there, yeah. I hate playing Damsel in distress. Ratchet was a real gentleman to work with though. And right on the heels of Transformers Animated, Michael Bay wanted me for Revenge of the Fallen"

     He wanted three of you.
I count 6 wheels total
Arcee: "Somehow things got confused and I had two Stunt-doubles on screen at the same time as me. And Mike...well, Mike can't tell one female autobot from another. It was hot, uncomfortable work, and I had to reconfigure myself to conceal two wheels and one leg. And somehow I got let go at the same time as Megan Fox did. But the good news was that Ratchet got me an audition for Transformers Prime"

     The new cartoon

Arcee: "I stayed a two-wheeler, and they told me they weren't looking for a pink bike. But they asked if I minded going blue? I told them that change is good. And they let me keep my highlights. I also have had a recurring role in the IDW Comics, although that's more on the lines of a modeling gig again. They draw me in poses."

     How is that going?

Arcee: "I asked them...how many wheels? they said 'none'. I'm a hovercar there, but I get to portray a real bad-ass attitude. I'm very concerned about the whole 'gender-swapped abomination created by Jhiaxus' aspect of the role, but... a gig is a gig."

     So it looks like despite the lean times, you are here to stay?

Arcee: "I sure am. I'm so glad I kept my head straight and didn't go for drinking fermented energon like the insecticons. Those guys show up wasted like 70% of the time on set. I'm happy to be here, happy to be me, four wheels or none at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment