Search This Blog

Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Last Cage of Pompeii

     Some time ago when I bought Tangos new cage, I had no idea what I was committing, and how incredibly unsafe the cage was.
     It's only now, as I watch Tango weave his way carefully around the evershifting pattern of danger that I can admit to myself the terrible truth.
THE CAGE BARS ARE LAVA.
And the pattern keeps changing. Sometimes he will have to go all the way around the left side just to safely get to the door. Sometimes the right side is safe, but only parts of it.
     I can't see the lava. It is evidently only perceptible to the heightened senses of a conure. I know it's there by his reaction. After all, this couldn't just be some elaborate game to avoid being bored... could it?

No comments:

Post a Comment