Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Who is this Upstart Mr Smith???

      There is a quote, near the end of The Amazing Spider-Man: "I had a professor once who liked to tell his students that there were only 10 different plots in all of fiction. Well, I'm here to tell you he was wrong. There is only one: "Who am I?""

     So who is Mr Smith?

     Well, that answer is is complicated as it would be for anyone. I can tell you What he likes. He likes Transformers... good Sci-Fi, bad Sci-Fi... Books by Terry Pratchett and Jim Butcher ...Fantasy(good and bad)...Westerns. He loves his family even when they don't understand him and his ways. He loves his bird, sassy and moody as that little parrot can be

     I can tell you what he does- he cleans and fixes computers for users. He podcasts with skeptics, and provides artwork for the podcasts. He was a member of the League of Extraordinary Bloggers before they folded.

     So why shed the Primordial Badger shell? There is another quote, this one from a movie I have only seen the trailer for- Observe and Report

"The world has no use for another scared man." It's time for me to like what I like, own what I do, and not hide behind a pseudonym. So who is Mr Smith? The answer to that question may be different tomorrow than it is today. But for today...this is the answer.

I am Mr Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment