Search This Blog

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

     Last year I wrote as a League assignment but the League is a dream that is no more, and I have not found any blogging challenge to replace it yet. So here is my 2014 list

     I'm thankful I am back in the groove of blogging again; thankful for Tango and Wallace, my collections, my apartment, my job, my car. I'm thankful, oddly, for IKEA, and the furniture of theirs I like. I'm thankful for the online merchants I can use when the stores don't stock my new toys, like Bigbad, TFSource and HTS. They help me treat my plastic addiction

     I'm thankful for my decent relationship with my ex, her birds (Sid and Aldo). I'm thankful for great entertainment such as the Marvel Studios movies, the DC TV shows, and Agents of Shield(Because Coulson lives). I'm Thankful for authors like Louis L'Amour, Tony Hillerman, and Terry Pratchett, like Jim Butcher and Scott Sigler, for stories you can pick up and read over and over.

     I'm Thankful I am alive in this most interesting of times. I am Thankful for my family, my friends, and even a stranger who will share a moment or two of conversation or a dark unspoken fear. And I am Thankful, so very thankful for everyone who stops by and reads a post of mine because this is where I tell the universe:

I WAS HERE, I HAD A UNIQUE VOICE, AND I MATTERED

No comments:

Post a Comment