Search This Blog

Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Tale of Summanus

     It's said that you never really know the service of a store while everything is going well. You only know them when things go sideways.


  • 2/28/2015: I ordered the eagerly awaited Summanus made by Planet X, from BigBad Toy Store
  • 3/5/2015: FedEx Deposits him upon my doorstep. I play with him, transforming back and forth a couple of times. I elect to display him in stegosaurus mode for a while. 
  • 5/4/2015: I take him down to transform him, and the last joint of his tail disintegrates
  • 5/4/2015: I go through several stages of grief
I pause here for pictures. the joint snapped, then just kept breaking.

  • 5/4/2015: I contact BigBad Toy Store, thinking it's a long shot. It's out of their posted guarantee period. 
  • 5/4/2015: Their customer service requests pictures. 
  • 5/5/2015: Customer Service reports that this is a known issue and that they are sending replacement parts from the manufacturer
  • 5/7/2015: replacement tail assembly arrives, is examined, and replaces the original on my Summanus figure. 
  • 5/7/2015: BigBad Toy Store becomes my official favorite online Re-Tailer
  • 5/7/2015: I finally take pics of Summanus




Planet X's engineering and aesthetic continues to astound me. it looks like they slightly reworked the weak joint, but I will continue to keep an eye on it. BigBad Toy Store amazes me with their service and dedication to their collectors happiness. I will continue as a loyal customer there.

Note: it is unknown if earthly Stegosaurs had large automatic shotguns mounted on their hips. Chances are, they did not. On the other hand, that could be why it's so hard to find a complete skeleton of a Tyranosaur

No comments:

Post a Comment