Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Kuhli Loach Dance

I took this video of a couple of my favorite fish in my tank. I have a small (10 gallon) tank that after experimenting with a bunch of different types of fish, we ended up with Neons, Kuhli Loaches, and Otocinclus. They all seem to get along and not try to kill each other, which suits me great.

     The story of the fishtank is that Sam had a want for Moss-balls. She bought an Apothecary jar to house the moss balls, and then ended up adding a Betta fish

    That lasted for about a year, and then the apothecary jar cracked on the bottom, and ruined Sam's dresser. She sort of lost her taste for an aquarium in her room after that. She told me that if I wanted the Betta I would need a tank, and we ended up with this 10 gallon because that was what would fit, and was on sale.

     Bettas, you may know, can't be put with anything they will fight, such as other bettas, or fish they might think are bettas. I put in Kuhli Loaches-black ones, because that is what petsmart had. Last christmas season I found a couple of tiny striped ones, which grew into the muscular behemoths you see here.
     The betta eventually passed, giving way to rasboras and cherry barbs, and eternal war. those got offered back to a fish store for credit, and neon tetras took their place.

     Searching for my own video o n youtube, I was a little surprised to find a lot of other Kuhli Loach videos. Apparently I am not alone in enjoying these fish...

No comments:

Post a Comment