Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2019

Where in the world is Mr Smith?

      In fall of 1926, Ken was born. In 1943, a the age of 17, he entered the united states navy. He was serving aboard the USS Luce when she was hit and sunk off the coast of Okinawa carrying over 1/3 of her complement with her.

     Ken treaded water for 8 hours in an oil slick, to repel sharks. He carried shrapnel with him for the rest of his life.

     In December 1947, He Married Mary Esther. They raised 5 children to adulthood and me most of the way to adulthood. I will let you know if I ever get the rest of the way there.


     on 10-12-2019, Ken's Journey ended, shortly after his 93rd birthday.


I have been reading his Louis L'amour books, and haven't felt a lot like posting toys. I will try to be back to it soon tho. So where in the world has Mr Smith been? Back in the old west, with the Sacketts; In the south pacific with Ponga Jim Mayo. Riding the trails my father rode in his mind, and walking in his footsteps.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Winniewinnie- I'm so glad you took the time to read this heartfelt post about my Father's death so you could put a Spam advertisement on it that has nothing to do with the subject.

    Somewhere you are out there with your tattered fur, your red sweater and no pants and your rumbly tummy, endlessly questing for a honey jar in an innocent world fraught with dangerous heffalumps...

    ReplyDelete