Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2016

Doctor my Eyes


 I have been lax in updating- part of it is my Lazy and often Busy self, part of it is the looming thing that is happening today.

     I have a condition called keratoconus. It is bad in my left eye, and I did not know it was developing in the right as well. Today I am going to try to get the right eye stopped from deteriorating. Left eye they do not think they can restore sight to, so we are fixing what can be fixed for now.

     Keratoconus takes the sharpness of this:

and makes it into something like this:
The upshot is, if I look at you with my left eye, I can guess that you are probably a person, but not much more specific than that. And glasses can't correct it- Contacts may restore some function. They worked for my sister.









     So I get to leave this afternoon, and if all goes right and not horribly wrong, be back home Sunday after spending some recovery time at my sisters house. Birds are going to be Mad, but I will make it up to them.

So for now I leave you with a little Jackson Browne and will see you (hopefully clearer) on the other side




No comments:

Post a Comment