Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Farewell for now, Castle and Beckett

     I watched the series finale of Castle...finally, like a week later than I could have. Because I guess I was a little afraid to say goodbye.




     Watching the finale, I know they weren't ready to say goodbye either.




     Now, understand I don't pretend to know someone's mind, but I know stories. And I gotta say, yes, they concluded the LokSat storyline, but then they tagged on the "seven years later" epilogue.


     It felt rushed. It was a good, happy farewell to Castle and becket, but it left some things unwrapped. I would have liked to see Ryan, Espo, Martha, Alexis in the Idyllic little family scene with Castle & Becket + three kids.


     As endings go, it wasn't the best.


     It also was not the worst.


     I have seen some finales that were either no finale, or a direct middle finger, defiantly thrust upward at the viewer. Not a satisfying wrap up, but a bitter breakup instead.


     So I will let Castle and his family lie in their happy-ever-after until I collect all the DVD seasons and then visit them again. They ended their story true to the promise and premise they had built for 8 seasons.


     Castle and Beckett- Always...

No comments:

Post a Comment