Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Round Robin Challenge: Two Great Tastes That Are Great together




I'm a bit under the weather right now, having hurt my back SLEEPING. Being at less than top me always makes me long for Comfort foods to make me feel better.



     When I think of Sick -food, I tend to go back to my moms Cream-of-chicken over rice. This was a hot, starchy combo that never failed to soothe, just a can of Campbell's Cream-of-Chicken over a bowl of minute-rice. 

     I've become a little more heath-conscious though, and some of what I mentioned above could be healthier, with more actual food value. So my own preparation takes a slightly different form. Steamed Jasmine Rice takes the place of minute rice(which has all the nutrition of recycled cardboard) It's still Campbell's soup, but the amount of actual chicken in that soup is minimal. so I throw a can of chicken breast chunks in there to boost that. One of the values of this is is doesn't take much prep and will feed me for a couple of days. It's filling, and comforting all at once. Tango will get a kernel or so of rice and take it to my knee to eat. 

     Sam swears by Sunny Delight when she is sick, and I have picked that up too. I like to mix it, though, about 1/2 to 2/3 sunny D with a shot of Squirt to give it a little bite. 

     Lately I have gotten fond of Greek Yogurt over cereal, too. Another easy prep for a meal, although it doesn't stick to your ribs the way the soup and rice above do.


     I love the aesthetic of the Beast wars with Planet X's WFC figures. 

Triple-Dog dared
Fellow bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment