Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2014

Behold, the Eternal Glory...

     There may be those out there saying..."Finally he will shut up about his lost G1 transfomers..." and I will, about one of them. Last Thursday, at Toys 'R'Us, I found him, and he came home with me.

     I had initial misgivings about this toy-pros and cons both, which I list here. These were based on the initial images from toyfair 2014

Pro: 
  1. Leader Class(big)
  2. it's Jetfire
  3. Cartoon accurate face with battle-mask add-on
Con:
  1. Leader Class-(can be gimmicked up instead of being a good transformation)
  2. False Chest
  3. Vac-metalized weapons(possibly as a substitute for things like engineering and quality)
     But I bought him. and I'm happy with him- the false chest is not so bad, gives him a G1 cartoon robot mode, while his alt-mode looks more like th Valkyrie fighter or the F14 Tomcat that inspired it- kind of the best of both worlds- 

     His transformation is not as complex as it could be, but I'm happy with it. I was worried it was going to be a flip over, robot is there sort of thing, and there is a lot more to it than that

     So here he is- part scientist, part, warrior, part mercenary doom-bringer(Bay-verse version)

He towers over Ultra class Silverbolt


while not being much larger in plane-form

No comments:

Post a Comment