If _____ was an Olympic sport, I’d have a gold medal around my neck.
This is a tricky one. What am I better at than anyone else? What is that one talent that there oughtta be an Olympic event for?
Enter the Media Pentathalon:
- Flawed Gem Polishing
- Verbal trailering
- Media finding
This is an event tailor made for me, and those who come after me-Come forth all ye Cheetos-dusted Olympians and try yourselves against the king of media events!
Anyone can go season by season- the truly gifted can binge a genre- or even just go movie to movie based on an actor, or even a gut feeling. If it starts out August, and you look up from the screen and find it's October, you may have what it takes.
Flawed gem Polishing:
Take a movie that nearly everyone hates, and find it's silver lining. Find the facets, and find the shine. I have been accused on more than one occasion of having a low threshhold of entertianment. It is at once my gift, my curse, and my responsibility. I liked Dawn of Justice. I liked John Carter. I Liked Battleship and Gods of Egypt...
Talk to people, enchant them with the sound of your enthusiasm. Get them to see the movie, with a measure of your enthusiasm. No spoilers please, points will be deducted.
Whether you buy a series of action figures or just that one odd bit of memorabilia that symbolizes the movie or show to you, that item to have and hold is your talisman, your tactile representation of that work of fiction-display it proudly
Possibly the most grueling challenge of the five, to connect the movie you just saw to other things you have seen- examples are : the Lorax and Wall-E; Star Wars original trilogy with Wanted; Transformers and Spider-man
Come Join me on the Podium, with your Bronze and Silver, or give me a good argument for not getting the gold...
Other Olympic Champions
- Rebel With Causes and Toy Break got gold and silver for the 100 meter procrastination. they will get around to picking up their medals eventually
- Diary of a Dorkette got all 10s for her humming of video game tunes, and gave me an ear-worm
- Green Plastic Squirt Gun has an event from the dust and to the dust it shall return in time...
- Jathniel is strong in the ways of the trivial force
- 20 years before 2000 is taking gold in 50 meter freestyle parenting
- the Harvey Mercheum is worrying his way to the podium
- Travelling Pics is taking her show on the road for the win! Toy travelling marathon!
- Rediscover the 80's is playing competitive Contra
- Calvins Canadian Cave of Cool is doing the self-blogging triathalon
- The Toy Box is working the toy cataloguing relay
- The Nerd Nook has a truly gold-worthy junk drawer- chances are the medal will wind up there too