The story we are told is that the reds are rash, ignorant, "deplorable" and love guns and red meat. They think people should be able to take care of themselves and if they can't... the hell with 'em.
The story we are told is that the blues are effete, interfering intellectuals, and they will tax you to death, take your guns and kill babies. They want to be in your business 24/7 and tell you how you are living your life wrong.
Don't believe it. Both of these stories are true, and both are false. People are always too complex to put into little caricature boxes like that.
People need to stop letting demagogues push their hot buttons and acting as a herd. We need to choose based on who will be the best for all Americans, the ones who have been here forever, the ones here now, the ones who come to our shores tomorrow with the promise of freedom in their hearts.
|After all...Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!|
When all is said and all is done... our Red Vs, Blue is as silly as this one.
If you cut the strings, step outside of the play, you will see that red and blue are the same. We are all just people- afraid, courageous, overwhelmed, coping... our differences are tiny, and emphasizing those differences makes us tiny.
And from my fellow leaguers
- Another F Blog gives a different perspective
- Green Plastic Squirt Gun gave us an array in shades of red and blue
- The Toy Box brought us Smurfs, and Franken-Boo cereal of his own devising
- Alexis' Universe brought more Smurfs and a whole lotta blue besides
- Toy Break also went blue on us. Sensing a preference here among the leaguers.
- Cassie's Library did a rare photo-post for us, also Blue
- 20 Years Before 2000 gave us the Brawl for it All
- D.I. Treasures brought up some timely Garbage Pail Kids, who seem strangely familiar
For any other league posts...click the league logo above