Search This Blog

Friday, November 3, 2017

Friday Funnies: Gags of our Fathers

     So this ties back to Monday's post as well as a few other random bits of business here and there about town. I have posted before about my tendency to joke with/nearly get myself arrested for joking with various stores about town.

     That has not stopped. And apparently I have moved into what are called "Dad Jokes" which are a form of pun banned by the Geneva Convention.
     So to the meat of this post.
     When Sam and I were out to see Geostorm, I happened to ask the ticket taker(after giving the statutory dad joke incoming warning) how he was like a Greek playwright? when he could not come up with an answer, I held up my ticket and said "Because Euripides".

     Recently I was at Del Taco(they still allow me in there) and they were advertising "Queso Blanco" so I asked if that was the one with Humphrey Bogart and Peter Lorre. Guy behind me in line was dying, while the girl at the register was staring at me in incomprehension.

     One of the grocery stores near me is in the midst of a big expansion, and they are moving item locations all over the store to fit the new plan. I warned a couple of the Clerks that they cannot move where the office supplies are located, because they have to remain stationary.

     Step out today, visit somewhere and be someones weirdest customer of the day story. In a good way.

     I was at Toys R Us and the checkout clerk asked me if I was a rewards member by chance, and I told her that Yes I was a rewards member, but it was by design, not by chance.

     Happy Friday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment