Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill

One of the movies that I've had on my MUST WATCH! list is The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill.  I have wanted to see this movie from the very first moment I watched the trailer for it.  I knew I was going to love watching this movie!

I am 11 minutes and 48 seconds into this movie. I hate it.
 
 
Keep in mind I've read up on the parrots.  I've read about the infighting between the residents of Telegraph Hill.  And I've read Mark Bittner's in depth response to the fighting and blame laying and rebuttles and on.  For a while I really ghosted this guy's website just to get an idea of the situation these birds were in.  (Note: half of his website seems to be down right now.  The In Depth details and discussions are not online.)  The few times I've run across his book I've set everything aside to read what I could.  I've even seen other documentaries made by Judy Irving. 
 
So finally getting a chance to see the movie was supposed to be like playing with fine glitter after dealing with grit.  Only. . . it's the other way around.  Seriously just over 10 minutes into this film and it is not cool. 
 
I'm going to ask P.B. to take a look at it.  Maybe I'm missing something here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment