Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

Cyborgs

     I talked about my Cyborg Father. Some might think that inappropriate, or callous but here's the secret.

     Most of us are cyborgs. Most of us use devices that while possibly not implanted in our very flesh are nonetheless mechanical aids to our daily function. I have a smartphone-it's not as smart as some, but it's smarter than me sometimes. It remembers things I can't. And here at home, I am hooked up to an electronic information system so that information is only a few keystrokes away.

     That lady at walmart in the electric cart- Cyborg. The man with a Cell-phone headset permanently attached to his head- cyborg, cyborg, cyborg. Sam and her MP3 player- Cyborg(although needing an upgrade)

     So this is the new humanity- welcome to the 21st century, fellow cyborgs. Where is my Bionic Eye and arm mounted Particle Beam?

on a related note- Cyborg Hate at McDonalds

And more about Cyborgs on a general level


No comments:

Post a Comment